Tuesday 16 January 2018

Taylors Cacao Superior Colombian




This has a splendidly deep chocolate flavour, though I'm not getting much of the promised fruit flavours, so this tends to remain just a little one dimensional for me. A tad too dark, and too thick and caramelly, so it is almost on the edge of cloying after a while, even though  not not actually sweet. It is a pleasant and attractive flavour, just that it doesn't travel much - it remains there, and too much of it becomes a little boring. I would have liked just a bit more acidity - perhaps a bit less of a dark roast.



On the whole this is an attractive coffee, and one to offer guests because of the rich chocolate taste. My only real complaint is that it lacks variety and interest. As an occasional coffee, especially in the evening, it would be fine - but as an everyday morning coffee, it doesn't really work for me.


Score: 5
***
Colombian coffee

No comments:

Post a Comment