Thursday 19 September 2013

Taylors Guatemala Cloud Forests




A full bodied and well flavoured coffee. Good balance between deep roasted coffee notes and flowery, lemony citric notes, with pleasant caramel and honey notes in between. There's not much of a range of flavours beyond that, and there's nothing especially interesting or distinctive going on; this is simple, everyday coffee - and that's what is needed most days. Easy drinking, nice flavours, very pleasant all round.

I like that Taylors are doing FairTrade. I've always enjoyed Taylors for their drinkability - decent, flavoursome coffees - nothing high brow, but good quality everyday drinking. I've not looked at their packs for some years because I had them down as being a non-FairTrade company. So when I saw this, I snapped it up - a regional FairTrade coffee, at a decent price, from a company I know will make a drinkable blend.

Cloud forests are good locations for coffee production - the altitude and moisture produces decent levels of acidity. Traditionally coffee is grown within the forests which provide shade for the coffee plants, though some large coffee companies clear away the forests in order to maximise production and profit.

Rating: 5



Guatemala coffee

No comments:

Post a Comment