Sunday 18 December 2016

Lidl Deluxe Kenya Masai






Found three wonderfully packaged coffees in Lidl for around £3.30 each for 250g of beans and the useful wooden barrel. There is little information in English regarding the beans - the info on the backs of the barrels is in German.

Descriptions are in German


The beans take the name of the Masai which is a protected region in Kenya named after the Masai people. Coffee is grown there, and is considered amongst the best that Kenya has to offer.


Highly regarded coffee is grown in the Masai Mara

I have had a Deluxe Kenyan coffee from Lidl, which I didn't really take to as it was too strong and too acidic for my personal taste. I find this Kenya Masai coffee to be more refined, more balanced, more pleasantly drinkable, but lacking in distinct character. It's an easy drinking everyday coffee provided you find the right amount of beans to use. I like to use three and half spoons of beans, ground fairly fine. There are faint lime notes in the finish. It makes a very pleasing and satisfying coffee. I could happily drink this again and again.


Score: 8


Lidl Tea & Coffee



No comments:

Post a Comment