Tuesday 5 January 2016

Tesco Finest Colombian Supremo coffee beans






My electric coffee grinder broke a while ago, and the hand grinder is too tedious to use after a while, so I wanted a new one. I had mentioned it, apparently, as a Christmas present, so when I was about to purchase a beautiful and flexible burr grinder, I was told to wait to see what Santa would bring me. Well, he brought me a cheap electric blade grinder. Nice thought, but wrong grinder. I'm wondering how long I should wait before buying the grinder I really want.....

Anyway. I bought these beans to try out the grinder. They suit the grinder. They are simple, mild, largely inoffensive, and totally lacking in character. They do the job. The grinder grinds the beans. The beans make coffee. That's it. There's no finesse here, there's little depth or range of flavour. There's nothing to lift the heart or excite the palate. The grinder doesn't cause offence, and neither do the beans. You want some coffee, and you're not fussed - you just want a soft, mild, pleasant tasting coffee drink? Well, these will suit you. You want something a little bit extra - you'll need to search elsewhere.

Score: 5/10


Colombian coffee


Tesco Logo.svg
Tesco tea and coffee

No comments:

Post a Comment