Wednesday 16 September 2015

Pukka Peppermint & Licorice tea




This has more licorice than the Lidl Peppermint & Liquorice, 40% compared with 35%, so is a little sweeter and a little heavier. I prefer the cleaner, fresher, zippier taste of the Lidl - it feels more balanced to me. But it's a minor point, and it's each to their own. Cost is around £2.40 for 20 bags (30 gms). The bags are individually wrapped in packets, but inside is a standard tea bag. The Lidl has the better quality pyramid bags.

The tea  has the earthy warmth and sweetness of the licorice, and the lively zest of the peppermint. They go well together. This is a nice tea, and I  like the box - it's attractively printed inside and out.  If I hadn't had the Lidl version first, I would be excited to find it, but I'm quite happy with my Lidl tea.

Pukka teas are from the Pukka Herbs company, founded in 2001 in Bristol.  They have an extensive range of attractive organic teas. They are FairTrade and trade ethically and responsibly. I like the company, I like the flavour combinations, and the packaging, I love the whole idea. But they tend to be a little pricey.

Date: Sept 2015   Score: 6

No comments:

Post a Comment