Thursday 30 July 2015

Aldi Alcafe Italian Blend






£1.69 from Aldi. Roast 5. A blend of Arabica and Robusta beans. This is cheap coffee, but is surprisingly not offensive. It is drinkable, and very robust and forgiving, so very easy to make. There's no character or finesse, but it's not blunt. I think the use of Robusta rounds it out so it doesn't become aggressive. There's little in the way of attractive flavours, but there are roasted notes and you know you're drinking coffee. Those who drink Costa and Starbucks type coffee will find this quite acceptable. Those who enjoy single estate beans of character will find this lacking in interest and flavour. I thought I was a single estate bean of character sort of person, but I think in reality I fall somewhere between the two camps. I didn't object to this, and for the price I would buy it again.

Rating: 4


Coffee roasts


Aldi tea and coffee





No comments:

Post a Comment