Friday 13 June 2014

Lidl Melangerie Ethiopian Sidamo













£1.99 for 200g from Lidl; roasted to UK strength 3, and from the Sidamo region, this promises to be a tasty and good value coffee. Yet, each time I have tried it so far, it has struck me as being very crude and bitter. I have reduced the amount of coffee I put in, and reduced the brewing time, yet still it remains a fairly one dimensional bitter roast. Reducing the amount of beans and brewing time makes it watery and thin, but does little to reduce the crude bitterness or improve the flavour. There's no character here. No acidity at all. And this tastes like a cheap strong roast, rather than the characterful, mild and flavoursome coffee I expect from Ethiopia, especially from one of the best regions.

This is the worse Ethiopian coffee I have yet encountered.


2/10


Lidl Tea & Coffee




Ethiopian coffee

No comments:

Post a Comment