Monday 7 April 2014

Tesco Finest Guatemalan coffee





This is a rich, meaty coffee, with good roast notes combined with balancing acidity. It makes a decent cup of coffee, quite robust. Perhaps lacking in character and subtlety for me. It's not doing much, other than producing fairly strong coffee flavours. There's nothing extra going on. This is a solid everyday cup, but nothing special. I'd be quite happy to buy this again, and it's my favourite of the three Guatemalan coffees I have tried, but it's not one for when you want something different, or something interesting.

I tried this in comparison with Sainsbury's Italian style coffee, to get a feel for the strength and roast guides (both are classed as No 4 Medium Strong). The Sainsbury's was darker, more robust and roastier - with far less acidity and range.

Rating: 6/10

Other reviews
* The Guardian  4/10




Guatemala coffee






Tesco Logo.svg
Tesco tea and coffee






No comments:

Post a Comment